Registration with the College of Alberta Denturists
The Health Professions Act in Section 46 deals with the matter of mandatory registration.
Those who wish to provide denturists services in Alberta must be registered with the College of Alberta Denturists as a Regulated Member and must have a valid Practice Permit issued by the College.
The College of Alberta Denturists has four categories of membership:
- Regulated Members: Regulated Members have approval to provide independent denturist services as indicated in the Denturists Profession Regulation (depending on conditions placed on a practice permit which may restrict some provision of services).
- Provisional Regulated Members: Provisional Regulated Members have graduated from a three-year denturist training program and are in the process of completing the College's registration examinations. Some Provisional Regulated Members are authorized to provide denturist services while under direct supervision of a College approved Regulated Member, and some Provisional Regulated Members do not have authorization to provide denturist services.
- Courtesy Regulated Members: Courtesy Members are registered denturists in good standing in another jurisdiction who require registration in Alberta on a temporary basis for a specified purpose.
- Other Members:
- Student Members: Student Members are individuals who are currently enrolled in the Denturist Technology Program at NAIT who are not issued a Practice Permit and who are only permitted to provide restricted activities and/or Denturist services under the direct supervision of a Regulated Member in a NAIT administered clinical placement and/or NAIT instructor at the Clinical Placement or at the NAIT facility.
- Honorary Members: Honorary members are appointed by the Council of the College of Alberta Denturists. These individuals are not provided with a practice permit and cannot legally provide any denturist services.
- Associate Members: Associate Members are individuals who were previously Regulated Members in good standing with the College, but who are no longer registered with the College; and/or are a Regulated Member (licensed Denturist) in good standing with another Denturists Regulatory College in an equivalent jurisdiction in Canada.